The Bank supports the following interventions among others:
- Hospital and Health facility construction and expansion
- Acquisition of medical equipment
- Waste management
The Bank supports Education at all levels with focus on vocational skills institutes. Financing is made available for the following:
- Medical and nurse training institute construction and expansion
- School Construction and Expansion
- Acquisition of scholastic, laboratory or other necessary educational equipment
- Acquisition of student shuttles and or other vehicles for school operations.
- Funds can be accessed in local currency and USD.
- Up to 15 years repayment period
- Up to 3 years grace period
- Competitive interest rates
- Attractive repayment terms
- Financial and sector-based advisory services
Legal Form: Applicants must be incorporated entities
Exposure Limits: The project must have an equity contribution of 60% of the total project cost if it is a start-up and 40% if it is a going concern
Collateral: Adequate collateral is required, preferably landed property
Consultation & Enquiries
UDB welcomes and encourages projects sponsors to contact the Bank after reading this information, for preliminary discussions before submitting their applications.