The Bank is focused on financing Ugandan entities that provide accommodation (hotels, lodges) in tourism areas/sites, development of hotel management/hospitality training institutions, support purchase of specialized tourist transport facilities for example tour vehicles and marine boats, provision of specialized equipment and fittings which includes kitchenware, laundry, furniture and others, development and preservation of unique cultural/heritage sites, plus development of tourist stopover facilities which all harness Tourism potential in the country.
The projects financed are geared towards supporting development of tourism infrastructure and services with specific emphasis on the tourism belt.
Funding focuses on the following:
- Development of accommodation facilities in Game Parks and other tourist destinations
- Development of ecological sites
- Development of heritage sites/ cultural centers
- Development of tourist stop overs
- Purchase of specialized tourist transport facilities
- Other forms of tourist equipment